HELP! My garage door opener keypad will not work …
At D&D Garage Doors, we receive a lot of calls from customers regarding their garage door opener keypads. Customers often call and say, “My garage door opener keypad won’t light up.” Or, “ I have to put my code in a couple
times in order for my opener keypad to work, but it was working fine the other day?” When this happens, there are a couple of things you can check before you call us.
- Have you replaced the battery in the keypad?
- A lot of people do not realize that even though we mount the opener to the wall, these keypads are wireless and do require batteries.
- The battery compartment is on the bottom of the keypad and can be accessed by opening the cover while mounted.
- We keep replacement batteries in stock; click here to find the closest location to purchase replacement batteries for your opener keypad.
- How old is your the keypad?
- In Florida, our climate (rain, heat, humidity, salt air) can often cause these keypads to only last a couple years and need replacement.
If it is determined that you need to replace your keypad, you can call us and set up an appointment to replace it or you can come into one of our showrooms and buy one to replace on your own. We have a variety of keypads in stock and we also have universal keypads that match most models of openers.
Garage Door openers purchased from D & D Garage Doors come with a one-year warranty. If an issue arises within 1 year please call us right away. It is also important to note that not all universal keypads work with all openers. We do carry some that will work with some models that are 10 years and more that work with models made in the last 4 to 5 years.